Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 6, 2008

To shower or not to shower, that is the question

Emmeline just went down for her first nap of the day and I am deciding how to make the best use of the time that I have. There are only a few things that I can do: eat, shower, take a short nap, light housework or prep work for Monday evening's class. I have not washed my hair since Monday so the shower is a priority. I have also not eaten today so that is probably priority number two (if she naps that long). But then again, a nap would be sooooo nice since Emmeline is waking up every one and half hours between the hours of 1am and 6am.
Everything is getting complicated all over again. We were experiencing a bit of freedom when Emmeline learned how to amuse herself by playing alone but now she just wants to move and groove. Her mobility is such a novelty for her so she is not content to be playing in her crib (which is the safest place for her if I can't keep both eyes on her). I can't leave her on the floor anywhere and she will only stand her highchair for so long if she is not eating. She also does not like it when she can see me leave a room or when she cannot touch me if I am in the same room. This does not make Paul feel very good. He always talks about "playing second fiddle in the band." I told him that he is more than welcome to breastfeed our next child and be the stay at home parent.
Well, I suppose I have wasted enough free time in front of this silly whirring machine. Off to shower!

No comments: