Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Awesome Auntie Jacy

This is Emmeline's Auntie Jacy:


This July she played the role of Laurey in Oklahoma! for Grand Forks' Summer Performing Arts (SPA) program.  We were lucky enough to be there for some of the practices and one of the performances.  I have heard Jacy sing many times but am still amazed every time I hear her. When she is on stage, it is hard for me to believe that she is my baby sister.  I am stuck with awe of her talent.
Emmeline has also heard Jacy sing many times.  She has heard Jacy sing in church, in Guys and Dolls, in choir concerts, and on TV thanks to my parents who record performances that we miss.  Emmeline behaved very well at the show and during practices.  She napped a bit but was content to run up and down the side isles.  She tried her hardest to evade me so she could climb up the stairs to the stage.  I think she already very much looks up to her Auntie Jacy!
Jacy is coming to visit us in DE all by herself for about eleven days and will arrive this Friday. We have quite a bit planned while she is here but we are all very excited for our five day trip to NYC.  While we are there, Jacy and I are going to see Wicked at the Gershwin Theater.  Paul and I bought her tickets for her 16th birthday.  It is her favorite musical and knows the music inside and out but has not yet been able to see it on stage.  I can't wait to share that experience with her.
As you can see from the photographs below, she is incredibly expressive and just radiates when she is on stage.  I wish I had a sound bite to share but, alas, our camera batteries were dead.  Most of these shots I pulled off of snapfish and facebook:





No comments: