Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 15, 2008

A few still moments

It is rare that Emmeline sits still long enough for me to get a good picture of her.  In these three pictures she was sitting on my lap intently watching Sesame Street clips on Youtube:




Emmeline is becoming more independent in her play; looking at books, coloring and pretend play (like cooking or being a mommy to her baby dolls).  Another rare still moment:



A few weeks ago, my friend Kate and I went to the Flavour of Britain in Wilmington.  It is this great little teahouse run by a British couple. Unfortunately they have decided to close in light of the recent economic downturn so we wanted to get in one last afternoon tea service.  They were selling everything: the rest of their merchandise, fixtures and some furniture.  I spotted a wooden toy box hand painted with scenes from Alice in Wonderland.  I knew it would be perfect in Emmeline's nursery.  Janet, one of the owners, told me they had it imported from England when they moved here and that it had been signed by the artist.  She let me have it for $100 but seemed a little sad to be parting with it.  I am so glad she let me have it; it will be a treasured piece of furniture for years and years to come.  It is also nice to have a piece of the teahouse.  It will be sorely missed:

Doesn't it look great under the window?
It irks me that I couldn't center it perfectly
because of a dumb ol' heating vent on the floor

Detail of top (Alice is rather ugly, but I think that
makes the painting more interesting)

Detail of front

1 comment:

elliedoan said...

I love these pics! What expressions that girl has. The photos of her reading are just way too sweet too. Emmeline is just so cute!