Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 12, 2008

Hi, Na-ma!

Today Emmeline said "na-ma" (grandma) for the first time without me prompting her though we have been working on "grandma" for some time now.  I brought the laptop into the kitchen to check my email while she ate breakfast and when she saw it she said "na-ma?!".  We got on Skype as soon as possible so that Emmeline could see and talk to na-ma.  For several weeks she has been saying "pa pa?!" (grandpa) whenever she sees the computer or the phone. She has also been able to recognize Jacy and say her name since August when she came to visit. We have pictures of everyone on our 'fridge so that she can match names with faces.  She loves to talk about my brother Nathan ("Nay-nay") though we never Skype with him.  In the picture that we have displayed of my brother-in-law, Paul, he has some facial hair so everyone with facial hair is "Paul" to her (strangely enough, even bald, African American Gordon on Sesame Street).  For some reason, it took her a bit longer to get the hang of saying "grandma." My  mom is tickled pink.  And it happened right on time; we leave for the Midwest on Monday!

I don't have any current pictures of Emmeline with my mom (we haven't seen our families since beginning of July!) so you will have to content yourself with these pictures of Emmeline "helping" me bake a cake a few weeks ago:



No comments: