Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summer Days

Over the past several weeks, our family has been able to spend more time together.  I had the week after the fourth off, and was able to get in some much needed Daddy, Daughter time.  Emmeline and I were able to play in the park, visit some friends, and just hang-out together, I had a blast.  I was able to have Emmeline to myself because Allison has been busy writing her dissertation.  She has made considerable progress, but it is a bit like running a marathon; it takes some time.  Since then Allison and I have been busy watching some of Emmeline's friends while their parents have celebrated anniversaries or gone to see the new Harry Potter (Which we will see on Tuesday).  We also celebrated Elisa's birthday yesterday.    The video below was from Thursday when we watched Milly while Kate and Mike celebrated their anniversary. 




On the flip side we have also started to experience some of what is often referred to as the "Terrible Twos".  Emmeline is becoming more possessive of her things and wanting to lay claim to other friends toys or snacks.  We have seen this activities most often when friends come to our house.  It seems that territory brings the behavior out most of all.  When she is at someone else's house or in a public place then she is her usual sweet self.  She is more willing to take turns, share, and just enjoy being with her friends.

Emmeline loves being active.  At least once a day she needs to get out and experience life.  When we were together for my week off we made frequent trips to the park.  We read stories and listened to music.  We would go on walks around the neighborhood or go for a run in the baby jogger.  This week on Thursday both Allison and I took Emmeline in the baby jogger for about three miles each.  It is amazing that she will sit in the jogger for long stretches at a time when we can't really get her to sit in a regular stroller.  When the two of us went running it was quite refreshing to have her along.  She sang songs, pointed out birds and trees, and encouraged me along the way "Good job running, Daddy".  I think that I ran the whole time with a smile on my face which is saying something when you run with the baby jogger.  She also still loves to dance.  "Daddy dance with me"  which means that she wants me to hold her and dance together.  Below is a video I took when I had my time off.  She is dancing with a picture of her second cousin Caeden:

     


Here are some of the fun summer activities that we have been doing together.


Homemade popsicles "Kinda Sweet"
  

Swimming on our deck, as you can see she really loves getting in the pool



Sharing her popsicle with Mommy, how sweet.


Open wide!  You too Milly
Feeding her friend, baby Milly (She had so much fun)!


Sitting with her friend Haley at Elisa's birthday party.  
Emmeline is eyeing the cake.  (Sweet Treat Bandit strikes again)

No comments: