Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 29, 2009

Miscellany of Adventures

Last Monday was Emmeline's birthday and I had her all to myself most of the day.  Paul was able to spend a few hours with her in between summer camp and his evening grad class.  During those few hours, we snuck in a trip to the library and a meal complete with cupcakes!

So excited!

Make a wish, birthday girl!

Sweet, silly two-year-old!

Emmeline's purple birthday cupcakes; notice in the pics
above that I did not get the cupcakes frosted until AFTER
we sang "Happy Birthday" to her.  Oops!  We had a very
small window of time with Paul that day, after all.

Last Thursday we met Paul in Brandywine Park after his day
of summer camp.  Emmeline loves to throw pennies in
the fountain; she doesn't quite know what a wish is,
but every time she sees a fountain, she says "Emmeline
make a wish!"




Pictures from last Friday at Bellevue State Park:

Those eyes are soooooo Paul.

Elisa, Emmeline and Ezra.  I can't believe how long
her legs look here.

Emmeline has the sweetest curls; I am glad
I have a few pictures of the back of her head so
that I will never forget how precious they are.



At the Philly zoo on Saturday:

Emmeline was thrilled about this cheese because one of
Stiller dresses up as a hunk of cheese.

"Call me swiss cheese, Brie or Mozzarella.
A cheese is a really great fella!"

Discovering the waterfall in the Big Cats exhibit

Learning all about birds at the zoo's new
Avian center

I finally got around to sufficiently cleaning out the
back yard and deck.  We put a sand table back there
for Emmeline because she so much loves
playing in sand.

That's all for now, folks!

No comments: