Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 24, 2008

A good week

Well, we have had another busy week here in DE! I kicked off the week by forgetting my cell phone at home when I went teach on Monday evening. It was the longest amount of time I had ever gone without knowing how Emmeline was doing. By the time I was on I-95 on my way home, I was convinced that there would be an ambulance outside my house! But Emmeline was sleeping and everything was fine. She was in very good hands, of course. I finally went to the dentist on Wednesday to be tortured. I had the roughest hygienist...I sure do miss ol' sweet Dr. Anderson in GF. After my dentist appointment, I snuck out to the mall by myself. Emmeline was doing fine with Paul so I took advantage of a few solitary hours. (Sears was having an awesome clearance sale). On Thursday Paul had a faculty-student volleyball game at his school. He and his co-teachers creamed those sixth graders...twice!! Emmeline is usually a little fussy in the evenings, but she had a great time at the game. The gym was full of kids, parents and teachers; every person that we passed by had to comment on how cute she was (of course!). I thought the noise might bother her, but she loved the loud music and voices. I guess from now on when she is fussy, she really is just bored!
On Thursday all of the meteorologists were predicting a big snow storm overnight. Paul was praying for a snow day. We woke up on Friday morning and were bummed to see only about two inches of snow on the ground. Paul's school has a phone-chain set up so that if school is canceled, Paul gets a phone call and he has to call the person next on the list. Well, Paul did not get a phone call so he got up, got ready and started brushing off the car. I turned on the TV and saw that his district was closed for the day. I threw some clothes on and ran outside to catch him before he drove off. When he came back inside, we switched the channel to confirm but didn't see he district listed. He didn't believe what I said I saw so he went to school anyway. Needless to say, he was back at home twenty minutes later. The moral of the story is: Listen to your wife!!
That evening I took my friend Kate out for sushi and sake because she had just passed her specialty exam (congrats Kate!). We had a great time out while Paul and Kate's hubby, Mike, watched Emmeline, ate sloppy joes and enjoyed a movie. We all played Scrabble later.
Today Paul took me to the Arden Theater in Philadelphia to see Wittenberg (http://www.ardentheatre.org/). For Christmas Paul bought me tickets to Arden's season. We are also going to see The Piano Lesson and Our Town. Wittenberg was amazing. It was a really great play: thought-provoking, entertaining, challenging, superb acting, and relevant. I also love the experience of going to a play. It is just so exciting! Emmeline stayed with Kate and Mike while we were at the theater and she was a good girl for them. She is at such a fun age as she is really moving around, laughing and interested in new people and things. Last night she even got up on her knees and rocked back and forth. Up to this point she has just been army crawling on her belly and pivoting around on her stomach. We have still neglected to get some baby gates installed...
All in all, it was a good week here; very balanced. I was able to have some time to myself, time to work, time with a good friend, and time alone with my hubby. Here's hoping that next week goes as well!

Big, bad teachers vs. the sixth graders


Emmeline helping daddy celebrate the big win!


Hanging out in the gym


Paul's principal with Emmeline


Wilmington's "big" snow storm

No comments: