Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nocturnal Woes

Well I must have jinxed myself when I posted that Emmeline was sleeping better. We are back to getting up every few hours. Paul thinks that Emmeline is teething again; I am not sure what is going on. It seems that he schedule is very sensitive and the slightest thing can screw it up. Gone are the days when she could easily take a long nap anywhere. Last night after we put her down, she was up every 15-20 minutes until midnight. Then during the night she was up every hour and a half. We finally ended up co-sleeping but since we have a full-sized bed, this is not the most comfortable for any of us. To make matters worse, the cats decided to add their "charm" to the situation. Rudy started banging on our bedroom closet so he could get inside. Chester was knocking things off counters and dressers. I kicked all three cats out of our second floor, and they started to wrestle on the landing. When they are still bothering us after I kick them out of the bedrooms, I have to chase them down the stairs with a spray bottle. I usually have to do this two or three times before we finally get some peace. This morning Rudy is mad at me and will not wake up from his nap on the couch. I am mad at him, too. Emmeline woke up at 9, despite our difficult night. She definitely did not get enough sleep...none of us did.

No comments: