Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 9, 2008

Break on through to the toddler side...

So it has happened.  Emmeline is walking.  At ten-and-a-half months. Offda.

For the past couple weeks she has been taking an unassisted step or two here and there but tonight, I think, was a turning point.  Paul and I were urging her to walk in between us as we were seated on the floor.  She got up to about seven/eight steps on her own and she did it several times.  It was close to bedtime so it was hard to get her settled down after that.  She was pretty proud of her newfound skill!

For the next few days we will probably be safe from any daring escapes.  She still seems to prefers to crawl, as it is much faster from point A to point B than her wobbly toddling.  But we will probably not be safe for long.  I have heard that in many ways pregnancy lasts for nine months after your baby is born.  The baby still want to be held, cuddled and fed constantly.  I think we are officially past that stage.  Emmeline still likes to be held, but this is usually when she is tired, wants to nurse or is unfamiliar with her surroundings.  Yesterday at our Birth Center group there were more babies and toys than usual.  Emmeline was squirming to get out of my arms from the second we walked in the door.  When I put her down, she crawled right into the midst of it all and didn't look back (sniff).  Today when we were walking at the mall I had a hard time keeping her in the stroller or in my arms.  She didn't mind being put on my back in the carrier, though.  I am glad for that.  I will wear her as long as she allows it!




Emmeline and her friend Haley playing in
Bellevue Park last Friday


Whazup homey?

Practicing walking behind the
push-car


"I can do it, daddy! Let go!"


Taking a ride on daddy's shoulders...


Having fun in Pottery Barn Kids
today at the mall


"I'll make dinner tonight, mommy!"




No comments: