Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 1, 2008

What a Downer...


Today was one bummer after another.  I don't mean to complain, but why hide?  To begin, Emmeline woke up three times last night and was up and at 'em at 8am.  She did not want to eat her breakfast porridge (which is very out of the ordinary) and fussed until she finally went down for a nap (after several tries).  After all that work our alpha cat, Rudolph, pushed open her nursery door and woke her up with his 10 decibel "MEOW!".  Due to all the fussy hullabaloo, I was behind schedule and missed our appointment to get her new big-girl car seat fitted.  I had to reschedule for the third time!  Later in the afternoon we had a nice time at at our Birth Center group, but I spent the entire time chasing Emmeline around the room and trying to keep her from running over the other babies and away from exposed outlets.  She can be a bit of a bully but more of this has to do with her size, I think, than anything else.  She really is such a sweet baby but simply does not know her own strength!  When we got home from our play group, she went down for a nap right away.  This earlier-than-usual nap was great because it allowed me to watch most of Oprah's episode on the new Sex and the City movie coming out the day before my birthday!  I thought this early nap would make her go to bed early tonight but I was very wrong.  We missed Survivor because we were trying to put her down early (at about 8).  This did not work so she played and fussed for about another hour and a half.  She is finally down but I am wiped out completely.  The house is a mess: cruddy high-chair, Cheerios everywhere, cat hair everywhere, dirty dishes (though I just did them last night and this morning), etc., etc., etc.  What a day.  I hope tomorrow is a better, brighter day.

No comments: