Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fab Father's Day

It was a special Father's Day for Paul as this was his first!  Last year Father's Day was on the 17th and I was convinced that Paul would be a father by then.  Emmeline's due date was on the 14th but she didn't come until the 22nd.  It was a really, really long time to wait!  More about last year's over-due adventures in a following post.
This past weekend was filled with all kinds of Father's Day fun.  On Saturday Paul and I went to see Our Town at the Arden in Philadelphia. For the second act (a wedding sequence) the audience was ushered next door to Christ Church and then back to the Arden for the third act.
The current Christ Church structure was started in 1727 and it is absolutely beautiful.  The surrounding burial grounds contained historical figures such as Benjamin Franklin and four other signers of the Declaration of Independence.  Paul and I both love history so it is always a treat to go into Philly and explore historical landmarks and sites.
On Sunday Emmeline and I made Paul biscuits and gravy for brunch (his favorite!) and then went to an arcade/indoor playground for the afternoon.  We were a little disappointed as it boasted a special toddler play area but didn't meet our expectations.  Still, Emmeline had fun running around and Paul enjoyed playing air hockey, hoops, bowling and other various arcade games. That evening we went to Cheeburger Cheeburger (name is reminiscent of an old John Belushi skit on SNL), a burger joint that Paul has been wanting to try.
Paul really enjoyed himself this weekend not just because it was Father's Day but because last Friday was his last day of school for the summer!  He is doing some tutoring this summer but is going to be with Emmeline for most of the time so that I can get some work done on my dissertation.  I know that they are going to have a great time together this summer.  Paul is a very caring, sensitive and playful daddy; Emmeline and I are so very lucky to have him.

I made Paul and Emmeline dress in matching
 Minnesota Twins outfits for Father's Day!


Only fifteen more years until I get my
own driver's license!

No comments: