Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Going Greek

We have been enjoying our past couple evenings at the 2008 Greek Festival in Wilmington.  I vividly remember standing in the gyro line last year when I was hugely pregnant with Emmeline. The Greek man I ordered my gyro from said that I should sip some Ouzo because it would make my baby come out dancing!  The gyros were so good that I thought about it for days afterwards. Since we live within short walking distance of the festival, we have gone twice so far this year (OK, I also went for lunch once without Paul). Thus far at this year's festival, between Paul and I, we have eaten four gyros, one order of mousaka (eggplant casserole), an order of stuffed grape leaves, and one order of loukoumades (fried honey balls).  And Emmeline, of course, has not been left out of all of the fun.  She has throughly enjoyed  herself dancing to the music and interacting with all of the people.  It was very hard to keep her contained to her stroller.  As you can see from the following pictures and video, she much rather preferred being in the middle of all the action:


It looks like Emmeline is eating some of
my gyro, but she is actually eating her
own dinner: sweet potatoes and eggplant


Exploring with daddy


Bye, mom!


Dancing with the big kids

This video is super cute of Emmeline dancing at the festival but you will have to watch it sideways.  I can't figure out how to rotate this video right-side up without buying new Quicktime software.  So, crane your neck or turn your computer sideways and enjoy!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love how she stops and shakes her little baby booty! She is feeling the music!